Select Published Research Articles and Chapters in Edited Volumes
- “Adaptation and the Ethics of Directing.” In Adapting Greek Tragedy: Contemporary Contexts for Ancient Texts (Cambridge University Press, Vayos Liapis and Avra Sidiropoulou, eds.), 2021.
- “Permission/ Seduction/ Indulgence. Integrating Digital Media in the Theatre Making Process.” Skene. Vol. 7 No. 1 (2021): Virtual Theatre.
- “Rethinking Authority, Creativity and Authorship in Twenty-First Century Performance. The Director’s Revised Role”. Critical Stages Issue 22, 2020.
- “Making theatre around the world, and what it has taught me”. In Why the Theatre. (Routledge, Sid Homan, editor), 2020.
- “Teaching Antigone by Sophocles”. In Chirico, Miriam and Kelly Younger, editors. How to Teach a Play: Essential Exercises for Popular Plays. Bloomsbury Press, 2020.
- “Opening Up Discoveries through Promised Endings: an Experimental Work in Progress on Oedipus at Colonus and King Lear”. Co-authored with Eric Nicholson. Skenè. Texts and Studies (Studies I) series, 2019.
- “City Narratives in European Performances of Crisis: The examples of Athens and Nicosia”. Critical Stages, 2019.
- “Creating Beauty in Chaos: Robert Wilson’s Visual Authorship in Einstein on the Beach.” In Einstein on the Beach: Opera Beyond Drama (Routledge, Jelena Novak and John Richardson, eds), 2019.
- “Identity, Technology, Nostalgia: The Theatre of Ivo van Hove, Robert Lepage and The Wooster Group ΑRCHÉE, ARTS MÉDIATIQUES & CYBERCULTURE”, 2018.
- “Directing as Political Act: Staging Aeschylus’ Oresteia in Contemporary Periods of Tyranny.” Comparative Drama Vol. 52. 1-2. (Spring-Summer 2018)
- “Playfulness and (Un) Performability in Gertrude Stein’s Modernist Drama.” Sinais de Cena Vol. II Issue 3, 2018.
- “Staging Henrik Ibsen’s and Jon Fosse’s Mental Landscape. Myth, Allegory, and Mise-en-Scène in The Lady from the Sea and Someone is Going to Come.” Nordic Theatre Studies. Vol. 30 No. 1 (2018): Theatre and Money.
- “Time’s Journey through a Room” dir. by Okada Toshiki/chelfitsch. Review. Asian Theatre Journal (2017) Vol. 34 No. 2: 474-479
- “Directing and Leadership: Some Thoughts on the Efficacy of Endorsing the Stage to Generate Collaboration and Creativity Within Corporate and Educational Contexts”. In Playing Offstage: The Theatre As a Presence or a Factor in the Real World (Lexington Books, Sid Homan, editor), 2017.
- “Contemporary Greek Approaches to Tragedy: Terzopoulos’ Revisions of Aeschylus.” In Contemporary Adaptations of Greek Tragedy: Global Directorial Perspectives (Methuen Bloomsbury, George Rodosthenous, editor), 2017.
- “Mise-en-scene as Adaptation.” Critical Stages/Scènes Critiques, Special Topics: Adaptation Guest Editor Patrice Pavis The IACT webjournal/Revue web de i'AICT – June/Juin 2015: Issue No 12.
- “Directors’ Theatre in Greece: Stages of Authorship in the Work of Michael Marmarinos, Yannis Houvardas and Theodoros Terzopoulos.” Gramma Journal of Theory and Criticism Vol. 22.
- “Directing (for and) Across Cultures: The Adventures of And God Said through Greece, Turkey and Iran.” Research in Drama Education: The Journal of Applied Theatre and Performance Vol. 20, No. 3 (20th anniversary issue).
- “Adaptation, Re-contextualisation and Metaphor. Auteur Directors and the Staging of Greek Tragedy.” Adaptation. 2015 8: 31-49.Oxford Journals.
- “L’eredità del postmoderno sulla scena greca contemporanea: l’esempio di Blitz, Kanigunda, Pequod. Greek Theatre in the 21st Century. Culture Teatrali 23. Bologna, June 2014.”
- “Staging Ambiguity: Re-shaping the Myth of Clytemnestra for the Stage.” Practitioners’ Voices in Classical Reception Studies. The Open University. Issue 4 (2014).
- “Greece.” International Women Stage Directors. Fliotsos, Anne and Wendy Vierow, eds. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press. (November 2013).
Persona Theater Company
Meet, Make, Mean